Virtual Doxx Recommended Printers
Virtual Labels can be used with any ink-jet or color laser printer that works with your PC.
We have successfully tested our blank labels with a variety of printers. But you should test the printer you plan to use by printing some sample labels.
NOTE: On Color Laser printers, partially used label sheets, with a few labels remaining, can NOT be run through the printer a second time.
Laser printers are very hot internally and any adhesive residue remaining where a label has been peeled off will gum up the paper path.
By contrast, Ink-jet printers do not have this problem because they run cool.
One printer - the Ricoh Aficio G700 GelSprinter - is perfect for printing color strip labels, with unique features that are important for long-term retention and management of file folder records:
See the Ricoh web site for details
- Archival Gel Ink is optimal for color-coded labels:
- resistant to fading for long-term color and barcode stability and readability
- more viscous and dries faster than the water-based ink used in most ink-jets, reducing smears and providing bright colors
- 4 separate ink cartridges are more economical than most ink-jet printers - just replace the single color cartridge that runs out
- Sturdy construction - steel parts in the paper tray and throughout the printer - stronger than just plastic
- Attractive appearance and easy setup
- One Year Warranty
- Call Center support directly from Ricoh nationwide
Last Updated: March 5, 2006
Copyright © 2006 Virtual Doxx, LLC